Thursday, November 10, 2005

The Collected Short Stories

…contains 36 of Jeffrey Archer’s finest short stories. Almost all his stories have an unexpected twist in the end & are immensely readable. The stories have been drawn from his three volumes- ‘A Quiver Full Of Arrows’, ‘A Twist In The Tale’ & ‘12 Red Herrings’. Though I liked most of the stories, my favourite was ‘Christina Rosenthal’. Also brilliant were ‘The Perfect Murder’, ‘Clean Sweep Ignatius’ and ofcourse the romantic ‘Old Love’ with that wonderful multi-meaningful one-liner ‘Legend has it that there were never apart for more than a couple of hours’, just like my books & I, whatsay?
[No. of pages: 705]

5 comments:

Ram's said...

I feel, if at all i want to start reading novels, this collection of short stories will be the right one to start with. So I shall request for soft copies of them very shortly. Be prepared Ayesha.
I think i need more time to debug that wonderful multi-meaningful one-liner ‘Legend has it that there were never apart for more than a couple of hours’ and findout how does it apply to my case ... me & ???

Noor said...

I shall give u the hard copy itself..first come to b'lore!
As for the one-liner..u need to read the book to find out what i mean't by it, as for how it applies to u..You just need to figure out what u can't live without..

Ram's said...

SURE!!! But there is a big obstacle... In bangalore, i hardly find time for reading books!!!

Noor said...

So..u'r free only when u'r working!;)

Ram's said...

Ye... I can make up time for reading while working ..But Not at any cost during vacation :d